Established in 2011, KIN & KiDS Marriage, Family and Child Therapy Center is an independent private mental health practice, which is not affiliated to any organization or religious body. The practice currently has a team of 12 mental health practitioners with either a minimum masters degree in a field of mental health (i.e. counseling, clinical psychology, marriage and family therapy, psychotherapy and pastoral counselling) or who is recognized as qualified to practice as a therapist by an accrediting body. Many of their practitioners were previously in careers from diverse backgrounds, including law, accounting, child education, banking, pastoral ministry, engineering, executive coaching and corporate consultancy. KIN & KiDS are able to provide mental health services in English, Malay, Mandarin, Hokkien, and Cantonese.
Their therapists are committed to providing:
- Collaboration between therapist and client
- A thoughtful, caring, strength-based approach to problem-solving and change
- Privacy and confidentiality
- A clinical approach that values systemic intervention involving the family unit and significant others, where possible, as oppose to individualistic models
- A team-based approach for clients, couples or families who choose to work with more than one therapist
- Referral and/or coordination of care with other health or service providers as needed
- A commitment to monitor the quality of professional services provided through on-going supervision/regular peer consults undertaken by our therapists as well as by participating in continuing education programs
- Therapy services which adhere to professional code of ethics and respect clients’ religious, cultural, and ethnic values
KIN & KiDS offer a wide range of mental health services including individual and marriage therapy, family therapy, executive coaching, child/play therapy, sex therapy, and psychological, psychoeducational and custody assessments. In addition to clinical services, KIN & KiDS provides employee wellbeing services to corporate clients. They also conduct parenting workshops and school holiday programs for children aimed at promoting emotional wellbeing. Recently, KIN & KiDS launched a new wing of services called MyFertileCare, aimed to provide psychological support and pre-screening assessments to couples who are considering or currently undergoing fertility treatment.
Located both in KL and PJ, KIN & KiDS Marriage, Family and Child Therapy Center can hold client sessions 7 days a week. Hence, after office hours and weekend sessions are possible depending on therapists’ availability and sessions are made by appointment.